Friday, December 17, 2021

Critical Thinking or Browsing for Confirmation

While doing my daily Nextdoor duties, I had the unfortunate opportunity, to read a local, looney, school board loser's flawed thoughts about everything covid--amongst other things. And then she added some links to the YouTube sites that indoctrinated her, saying that she wasn't a sheep--she was a critical thinker. I hear you, school board loser. I too, in my youth, thought I was a critical thinker. 

When many of my school buds, were experimenting with drugs, I was researching their effects. Which, to be honest, wasn't easy in the seventies. My buds were dropping acid, adding PCP to joints, doing speed and snorting coke. I was happy with alcohol and weed and shrooms. But .. eventually, my curiosity raised its head and I began to "research" cocaine. 

I don't remember what I read or where I found the information I read--remember, this was the seventies. But cocaine, came off as the drug to try--to see what it might offer you. Thanks, Freud. My "rockstar" boyfriend, at the time, had access to drugs. Which is how I ended up snorting cocaine via a rolled up Benjamin Franklin. 

Afterwards, driving down a twisty, twinny, country road, while under the influence of cocaine, was all it took for me to swear it off for the rest of my life. I broke out in a sweat, as I gripped the steering wheel and uber focused on the curves in front of me, convinced that I'd never make it home alive. So much anxiety, at 10 mph. 

What I experienced was NOT critical thinking. I dove into my so called research, only looking for what agreed with my thinking. That is what is referred to as cherry picking--only selecting the most delectable, alluring fruit--leaving everything that did not agree, on the branch. 

I'm glad I eventually saw the light. Not everyone does. They stay in the dark, where it's most comfortable and surround themselves with only people who are too weak to disagree or those who have fully consumed that KoolAid. 

You're better than that. Don't go out and seek "the truth" you desire. That's always the lie that sucks you under and divides you from the people who truly care about you. All they want is your allegiance and your money. Your family and friends, on the other hand, want you to be okay and sane.

Be more sane. Love, K.

No comments: