Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Gluten Free Bread Mix Experimentation

Now that half of our two person household is gluten intolerant, I've been slowly finding solutions/products that will hopefully help with changing long time favorite recipes from being tossed into the bin. Recently, I did a search for Simple Mills bread mix, to see what others have created with the mix. 



I've had a box sitting in the pantry for a couple of months and realized I just needed a little community reassurance regarding what options others have discovered while experimenting with the GF mix. This blog, was the first to pop up in the search results. And, to be honest, I didn't look at other results, because I liked the idea of using a "muffin top" pan (which always makes me think of Seinfeld) to make burger buns. 

The first thing I realized (too late)-- I hadn't read the blog carefully enough, before ordering a muffin top pan. I went with a company I've had experience with, which makes a 3" muffin top as opposed to 4 1/2" muffin tops. I went ahead with the baking, because --dang it-- these making/baking moods need to be taken advantage of when they alight. 

I followed the directions on the package for "dinner rolls", portioned out the batter into the 12 muffin top indentations, baked for the required number of minutes. Not only did they turn out well, but they didn't stick to the pan I forgot to grease. They are on the smallish side, but now that I know it works well, I'll go get the larger muffin top pan for the next batches. Then the next tasty step will be using them with either pulled pork or a hamburger. Wahoo.

Love, K 

No comments: