Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I know, I know . . . we need this danged rain!

but personally? I prefer the Camelot delivery system where it rains at night and the sun returns each morning. Can I get a little of that?

I wonder what tonight's dinner will bring. Night before last, Fran used up all of her energy making us braised short ribs and garlic mashed potatoes. Talk about your comfort food! Last night, she picked out the recipe and her J and I (my addition was about 20%) made Tagliatelle alla Bolognese from the new Cooking Light magazine. We added a loaf of Cascade Bakery's Salem Sourdough and broiled asparagus topped with balsamic vinegar and feta cheese. Heavenly!

Fran goes in for her 4 week Dr Weeks' appointment this afternoon. I can't go, so N will be taking her. It's time for exploratory surgery. Actually, it's past time. A 24 year old should not be incapacitated by pain for 2 years. Probably a good thing I won't be there. If Pat says one more time that maybe it's time for job training, I think I'll scream and won't be able to stop.
Update: N was distracted at work and forgot her appointment, rescheduled for next week.

No comments: