Monday, April 19, 2021

Bonding With Fiction

I have little doubt I've been bonding with television characters over the entire course of my television viewing life. As an example: Bill Bixby, will always be in my head, along with Ray Walston, thanks to watching, My Favorite Martian, as a young child. 

You'd think with all of our options, the bonding wouldn't happen in the 2020's. But there it is--every stinking time we finish streaming a series. N's mildly amused, though I'm glad he's happy to discuss these thoughts with me. It's not that I want more episodes, I just want to savor or perhaps give tribute to the writers/actors/directors/producers/financiers who have brought the joy.

Do you have characters, you've collected from television shows or books or movies, who still reside in your head after decades have passed? Did those characters resonate a feeling deep within your bones? Or just feel familiar and likeable? Yes, I truly want to know. Love, K

No comments: