Thursday, October 28, 2021

That Was a Hoot

Last night, as N and I watched TV, a cousin (who lives in another state) sent a text asking if I wanted to go for a walk in the morning. Naturally, I immediately assumed cousin Larie meant to text one of her local friends, instead of me. So, I answered, "Of course!!😂", thinking that might make her pause and realize what she'd done, but no. She knew exactly what she was doing.

We decided on a time and agreed to meet up the next morning . . . each of us in our own homes on our own treadmills, chatting away on a video call. And now, after we've experienced our first walk "together", we've agreed to make it a regular date. Larie has a good point. We've enjoyed many good long video calls during the pandemic, but we've sat on our butts for all of them. Now we'll benefit from a warm conversation AND a good brisk walk. Thanks, Larie. Love ya always 💓 

Love, K

No comments: